The Karachi sickness episode, known as the Chikungunya Virus Infection has been making rounds on the neighborhood news channels and on online sites. The strange illness was reputed to be Chikungunya and had influenced more than 30,000 individuals from Malir in Karachi.
Examine, Dangerous Paralyzed Disease Attacked
Surprisingly Chikungunya Virus Infection was not the strange malady and the reports of it being the guilty party behind the episode were false. World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health discharged an announcement that unmistakably said that there are no instances of Chikungunya in Pakistan and any reports about the sickness spreading in the nation are false. With that off the beaten path, let’s see what Chikungunya is about. As indicated by Sun Tzu’s celebrated quote in the Art of War, in the occasion that you know the foe and know yourself, you require not fear the consequence of a hundred fights.
Knowing more about the infection, its causes, anticipation and side effects will profit us over the long haul too. World Health Organization has additionally discharged a wellbeing admonitory for the same too with the goal that individuals know and instructed on the difficulties that face them.
Chikungunya Virus Infection Cause
Chikungunya virus is transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito. These are similar mosquitoes that spread the Dengue virus too. These mosquitoes live and breed close stagnant or dirtied water and taint people with their chomp. The female mosquito is the one that transmits the Chikungunya virus.
In spite of the fact that the illness is not infectious, it can spread from a tainted individual to others if the mosquito bolsters on the contaminated individual first and after that chomps other individuals, with the tainted blood being transmitted all the while.
The side effects for Chikungunya Virus Infection and Dengue are comparative. One can be mixed up for the other. They show up between 4-7 days after the patient has been chomped by a contaminated mosquito.
List of Side Effects
- Fever and joint agony,
- Cerebral pain, muscle torment, joint swelling, or far reaching red rash,
- Joint agony (bring down back, lower leg, knees, wrists or phalanges),
- Weariness, sickness and spewing are likewise known to happen,
- Once in a while mouth ulcers, loss of taste and conjunctivitis has been accounted for.
The ailment is seldom lethal and the virus remains your framework for 5-7 days. When you recuperate from this infection you will be insusceptible to it for whatever is left of your life. Infants, more established subjects and people with unending medicinal conditions are at a higher danger of contracting Chikungunya Virus Infection.
Regular measures to counter mosquitoes that spread Malaria and Dengue can be utilized to counter Chikungunya Virus Infection too.
- Avoid potential risk from first light to sunset
- Keep up great cleanliness and avoid potential risk while voyaging
- Wear defensive garments with since quite a while ago sleeved shirts and long jeans with socks and shoes.
- Lessen mosquito natural surroundings by killing wellsprings of junk, stagnant water and sewers.
- Utilize mosquito repellent
Also Check, Chikungunya Virus Existence in Pakistan
As specified before, the side effects for Dengue and Chikungunya Virus Infection are comparative. You ought to persuade research center affirmation to make certain about it. There is no particular treatment or antiviral medication accessible for Chikungunya. No business antibodies for the virus are accessible either.
Here are a portion of the accepted procedures you can take after in the happening that you are experiencing Dengue or Chikungunya:
- Drink a lot of liquids to keep parchedness from vomiting and high fever
- A lot of rest is prompted
- Maintain a strategic distance from torment relievers like headache medicine (eg. Disprin), ibuprofen (eg. Brufen) and naproxen sodium
- The previously mentioned torment relievers can exacerbate the indications consequently they ought to be kept away from.
- Non-ibuprofen analgesics like paracetamol can be taken.
- Acetaminophen can diminish agony and fever and ought to likewise be taken
- Look for therapeutic help at the earliest opportunity
Also Check video of the Chikungunya Virus Infection home remedies.